Who knew our closure to in-person classes would last this long? We are grateful – and impressed – that so many of you have stuck with your training on Zoom all this time. For those who have braved training in the parking lot through winter weather and rain – extra credit! Spring is here (again), and it’s starting to feel possible that we’ll be back training together in the dojo soon. We are eager to welcome back those of you who have taken time off during the pandemic.
Here’s what you need to know for now:
- Zoom training continues!
- In-person training in the parking lot is available for all weekday classes, concurrently with the Zoom sessions. Masks required; bring your own water, and if you like, a mat for doing push-ups and crunches (or, we’ll lend you a big piece of cardboard). Send us an email to let us know you’re coming.
- Tiger Team (age 4-6) meets in person on Saturdays; all other Saturday classes are on Zoom.
- We’re working our way toward moving some classes back into the dojo. As you know, we have a large space with two large roll-up doors. We’ll have the doors wide open, and it’s very much like being outside. At present, we are inviting senior black belts who have been fully vaccinated to train in the dojo during regularly scheduled adult classes.
- Kids Summer Camps are on! These will be held for limited numbers of students, following strict masking and distancing rules. We’ll have to get creative to keep some of our usual activities within these parameters – but that’s exactly what we’re going to do: Be Creative! And train hard, and have fun.
- New students are welcome! Please contact us by email to schedule your first class, or call and leave a message – we’ll get back to you asap.
Stay healthy, keep training, and we’ll see you soon!